RMS Voltage

PYL

Question

Hi, 

I am trying to use AD2 in Labview. I am starting by using the example code "Digilent_WaveForms_Frequency Sweep Generator and Acquisition (FGEN and MSO)" I would like to extract the RMS/peak to peak voltage for each frequency. I've noticed there is a "export data to excel" but I don't need that. All I need is the value of RMS / peak to peak voltage at that current frequency. I need that to do some calculation in the while loop. 

Thanks. 

2 answers to this question

Hi @PYL,

I am taking a look to see if that is readily feasible within the LabVIEW material. The material that was created for Analog Discovery 2 and LabVIEW was created back in late 2016 though and has not had any further development work since then so I am uncertain of how much help we will be able to provide.

Thank you,
JColvin

Hi @PYL,

This won't be directly solved by Digilent functions as the displaying of the measured WaveForms is done by an NI made VI. However, based on this thread, you can use CTRL+Space Bar to search for some potentially helpful VI's to find the peaks. Doing a bit of looking, the Waveform Min Max VI and the Peak Detector VI may be of use to you. You'll probably need to do some extra configuration and processing if you want the peak values shown for each frequency, but this should be doable in LabVIEW (from my limited experience with LabVIEW anyway).

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived