How to configure basys3 board thorough vivado.?

Chethan

Question

12 answers to this question

Hello,

Does your device appear in the Device Manager as Serial Com? If yes, please try to make an update to the cable drivers. In order to do that you should go to the following path: C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2013.4\data\xicom\cable_drivers\nt64 and install intstall_drivers.exe , then restart Vivado

If no, please change the cable or/and try to plug it in another USB port. Try not to use external USB hub.

Let me know how this works.

Hello,

Yeh device has appeared in serial com, i tried by installing the drivers available in that path n restarted vivado and even tried with different JTAG's.. bt result was the d same as before..  

Till Bit file generation everything was 5n.. infact i tried to dump the .bit file through Digilent Adept s/w..  In that device is detected and browsed for the bit file.. bt nt able to program it 

vivado1.JPG

You can't program via Adept. Basys3 is made to work only with Vivado. But it's ok that you tried because if Adept saw the board it means that it's working. The problem seems to be your Vivado version. 2013 and 2014 versions were a bit unstable. I recommend to install the newest version of Vivado 2015.4 and see if it makes you any trouble. I don't think it would be the case but let me know.

Bianca

Vivado 2013.4 is a version a bit old that might cause problems. On the other hand on Vivado 2016.1 might have some bugs. It's a new version and is possible to cause you all this problems. The last version of Vivado I used with Basys3 was 2015.4 and worked without problems. All I can tell you is  that it is obviously a driver problem. Xilinx might have more information to help you. From my point of view, I suggest to install 2015.4.  

Well this is not my only problem so I'll give it a shot.  I'm also having no luck with 2016.1 and some Digilent/Xilinx lab material that doesn't function.  Its kind of annoying to change versions as a fix because, like most people who would be on a website like this, I hate loose ends and things that don't work.  But if 2015.4 get me a stable system, I'll live with it.

I'll give it a shot.

Thanks

Its the cord! Its the cord! Its the cord! Its the cord! Its the cord! Its the cord! Its the cord! Its the cord!

Someone had mentioned that a poor quality usb cable can be an issue.  I tried a few different usb cables and thought that I must have some different problem.  Until one day.... I grabbed yet another cable and (mind explosion!!!!) the usb cable and Bruce Willis were dead the whole time.  NOTE: The good usb cable fit noticeably tighter than all the others.

Archived