tauquir_iqbal

network analyzer to achieve control to output transfer function

Question

I want to achieve control to output transfer function. lets say V(s)/d(s)=A(s).
by some variation in d(s) i.e. control what is the gain and phase of the voltage i.e. output.

Edited by tauquir_iqbal

12 answers to this question

Hi @tauquir_iqbal

In the Network Analyzer you can select constant Amplitude, adjust based on frequency Table or using Custom script.

image.thumb.png.456f85cd4a10f8b4aa181d0ef0a370c7.png

In the Impedance Analyzer you can select Custom Amplitude adjustment and Reference resistor selection, based on step and measurements.

image.thumb.png.d81d18627c181c01c55bdaefc15a352a.png

Thanks you so much for your kind reply.
the problem i have is i am using DSP .

i will elaborate full details about my requirement.

normally the perturbation is connected to the signal generator and oscilloscope 1.
while the response is connected to oscilloscope 2.?
so that the output to input plot can be achieved. like in the diagram. signal generator and oscilloscope is connected to V1 while the oscilloscope 2 is connected to output. 

image.png.008a958a9d978466237f4e26d1a948f8.png

Now coming to my problem i use Matlab to generate PWM. the matlab generate and load pwm in the GPIO of the DSP. 
the output voltage can be fed to the generator 2 (with sensor gain to make in in the range of the DSP. )

Therefore, i am confused where should i connect signal generator and oscilloscope 1 . 

for my case, its Dual Active bridge which has 8 switches and uses phase shift as a control variable. thereof, i am confused where to put the singal generator and oscilloscope 1.
image.thumb.png.6110966a41e4232afa1c7e0ab26edc12.png

The PWM waveform and control variables are 

image.thumb.png.9a05caa55eb89e9293bc9b5bbf87622a.png

image.png

Hi @tauquir_iqbal

The signal generator and oscilloscope 1 should be connected to Vi and the oscilloscope 2 to the Vo.
Note that the AWG/Wavegen of AD2 can drive 10-50mA and you have to set offset for the Wavegen in the Network Analyzer to have only positive input signal.

The control signal is phase shift between the bridges and output voltage is desired output.
therefore, i need to get perturbation of phase shift to output voltage.
where can i connect the oscilloscope 1. 

On 10/28/2019 at 10:40 PM, attila said:

Hi @tauquir_iqbal

The signal generator and oscilloscope 1 should be connected to Vi and the oscilloscope 2 to the Vo.
Note that the AWG/Wavegen of AD2 can drive 10-50mA and you have to set offset for the Wavegen in the Network Analyzer to have only positive input signal.

@attila How can i achieve bode as the AD cannot take the negative voltage. although i did use offset and level shifted the disturbances through waveform generator. but i cannot do next.

@attila Thanks for your all help. i could do all i wanted.

however can you suggest what should i do to get accurate results at higher frequency and how much can discovery 2 can work with low error ?

At higher frequency more than 5 kHz its become too noisy so what should i do. what kind of cable you recommend or anything you can suggest or documentation.  i try to use BNC adapter and coaxial wire.