network analyzer to achieve control to output transfer function

tauquir_iqbal

Question

12 answers to this question

Thanks you so much for your kind reply.
the problem i have is i am using DSP .

i will elaborate full details about my requirement.

normally the perturbation is connected to the signal generator and oscilloscope 1.
while the response is connected to oscilloscope 2.?
so that the output to input plot can be achieved. like in the diagram. signal generator and oscilloscope is connected to V1 while the oscilloscope 2 is connected to output. 

image.png.008a958a9d978466237f4e26d1a948f8.png

Now coming to my problem i use Matlab to generate PWM. the matlab generate and load pwm in the GPIO of the DSP. 
the output voltage can be fed to the generator 2 (with sensor gain to make in in the range of the DSP. )

Therefore, i am confused where should i connect signal generator and oscilloscope 1 . 

On 10/28/2019 at 10:40 PM, attila said:

Hi @tauquir_iqbal

The signal generator and oscilloscope 1 should be connected to Vi and the oscilloscope 2 to the Vo.
Note that the AWG/Wavegen of AD2 can drive 10-50mA and you have to set offset for the Wavegen in the Network Analyzer to have only positive input signal.

@attila How can i achieve bode as the AD cannot take the negative voltage. although i did use offset and level shifted the disturbances through waveform generator. but i cannot do next.

@attila Thanks for your all help. i could do all i wanted.

however can you suggest what should i do to get accurate results at higher frequency and how much can discovery 2 can work with low error ?

At higher frequency more than 5 kHz its become too noisy so what should i do. what kind of cable you recommend or anything you can suggest or documentation.  i try to use BNC adapter and coaxial wire.

Archived