Can the JTAG HS2 do Dual I/O SPI?

algae

Question

We have some JTAG HS2 dongles for talking SPI to our devices. We've recently started playing with devices that have dual I/O SPI modes for increasing the data bandwidth without increasing the pin count. Can the JTAG HS2 handle these SPI modes? We also roll our own software so having an Adept lib that supports this would be real nice. Anybody try this before?

4 answers to this question

Hi algae,

Offhand without any experience with this (and looking at the reference manual) I don't believe they can handle the dual SPI modes; I'll ask some of our applications engineers for a more concrete answer though; they'll get back to you here on the forum.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi algae,

No, the JTAG HS2 does not support dual SPI. The SPI pins are buffered one way and cannot be changed to bidirectional pins. There is a bunch of documentation in the Adept SDK doc folder that describes what you can do with our programmers.

Hope this helps!

I'm not entirely clear on what you mean. The JTAG-HS2 MOSI and MISO pins are designed as one directional pins, so trying to send a signal TO the TDI pin will not do anything. Same thing goes for trying to receive from TDO.

Archived