Programming a bit file using external program such as python

Anusha Kodimela

Question

Hello Team!

I wanted to program a bit file using the python program such as using APIs of the genesys2 board.Currently I am using Impact tool to program and Real Term terminal to view the transmitted data through UART.

Is it possible to just use a single user interface from python and send commands for programming the file,starting and stopping the counter from the python code (instead of a slide switch of the genesys2 board)

please share your thoughts

3 answers to this question

Hi Jon!

Is it specific to the board?

My question was little different.I have the vhdl source code programmed to a bit file and I would like to automate the process of opening the Xilinx ISE Impact tool upload the bit file using python.I am using a Genesys2 Kintex7 development board.

Hi @Anusha Kodimela,

I havent scripted the process for programming the FLASH in ISE.  I do have some experience using a TCL script for automating the process for programming the FLASH in Vivado.

As long as you have a bin file the tcl script should not be to hard to use. Here is a forum thread that discusses the process. Here is a forum thread that discusses how i implemented this. 

Best regards,

Jon

Archived