NEXYS4-DDR FPGA Card in Matlab-Simulink FPGA in the Loop (FIL) connection

radres

Question

I bought the Nexys4-DDR card. I wanted to try the Nexys4-DDR card in Matlab-Simulink FPGA in the Loop (FIL) connection for Hardware and Simulink communication. But I could see only NEXY4 card in Matlab-Simulink. There isn't Nexys4-DDR card in Matlab-Simulink. I chose the Nexys4 card for try. But when operations (with standart USB cable which from the Nexys4-DDR card box) gives an error in the final stage.  Could you help on this issue?

8 answers to this question

Hi radres,

Unfortunately Digilent will not be able to help with this: the Nexys 4 and the Nexys 4 DDR are designed differently so you will not be able to as easily port code from one board to the other. MathWorks creates and maintains those files for Simulink, so they would need to add support for the Nexys 4 DDR.

Thanks,
JColvin

17 hours ago, JColvin said:

Hi radres,

Unfortunately Digilent will not be able to help with this: the Nexys 4 and the Nexys 4 DDR are designed differently so you will not be able to as easily port code from one board to the other. MathWorks creates and maintains those files for Simulink, so they would need to add support for the Nexys 4 DDR.

Thanks,
JColvin

Dear JColvin,

Matlab says in the Matlab Web site (http://www.mathworks.com/help/hdlverifier/ug/what-is-fpga-board-customization.html#btmi8jh-5) for JTAG Connection Requirements for FPGA-in-the-Loop that is:

Digilent® download cable. If your board has a standard Xilinx 14 pin JTAG connector, you can obtain the HS2 cable from Digilent.

I'm using a normal USB cable that came with the box of Digilent Nexys4 board. So, Do I have to take the Digilent HS2 cable for FPGA-in-the-Loop in Matlab-Simulink? Do or do not need the HS2 cable?

Dear JColvin,

I said " There isn't Nexys4-DDR card in Matlab-Simulink. " and you said " MathWorks creates and maintains those files for Simulink ". After this issue, I set myself the board information for Nexys4-DDR in Matlab-Simulink FPGA in the Loop (FIL) connection for Hardware and Simulink communication that I chose "Create custom board" section. I entered all the desired settings. But, again, it gave following the same mistake. I use Xilinx Vivado 2015.4 and Matlab R2015a programs and I'm using the JTAG connection.

"

source _vivado_program.cmd

# set chain_position 0

# connect_hw_server -host localpost -port 60001

ERROR: [Common 17-170] Unknown option '-host', please type

'connect_hw_server -help' for usage info.

"

Hello,

The most efficient way to find your answer is to contact Mathworks. We don't have enough Matlab knowledge to provide a consistent help. They will give you details about how you can use the Nexys4 DDR board with Matlab.

I am very sorry that we were not able to help you more.

Archived