Not performing the programming using Non-volatile QSPI flush in the vivado 2015.1

Foisal Ahmed

Question

Hello,

I have bought many basys3 boards of Xilinx Artix-7 FPGA  of device xc7a35ticpg236-1L. My previous FPGAs of the same model where the QSPI was manufactured by SPANSION and programme can be easily downloaded on that configuration memory. But  QSPI flush memory of new basys3 of the same model is manufactured by MXIC and I could not able to download my program. In Vivado 2015.1, I could not find any configuration memory that can be used to be programmed. 

Thanks in advance for any idea to solve this problem,

regards,

Foisal

4 answers to this question

Hi @Foisal Ahmed,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. The PDF version of our reference manual for the basys 3 wasn't updated with the additional information on the WIKI version of the reference manual. This will be fix shortly.

The WIKI version of the reference manual here states :

"Some Basys 3s have been loaded with a Flash device from Spansion (part number S25FL032), while others have been loaded with a Macronix device (part number MX25L3233FMI-08G). The part loaded on any particular board can be determined by checking the part number and manufacturer logo printed on the Flash IC itself, as seen in the images below."

If MX25L3233FMI is not an option in Vivado 2015.1 i would suggest to install a newer version of Vivado. I would suggest Vivado 2017.4 or higher.

best regards,

Jon

4 hours ago, jpeyron said:

image2.thumb.jpg.9f69ccafa7731699da649eccdb0584aa.jpgHi @jon,

Thanks for the reply. Usually, I have used the QSPI Flash using that tutorial all the time were used for example s25fI032p ...memory device which is Spansion. But my new Basys3 board can not recognize this memory device as I have seen in the basys3 board (backside) the QSPI IC is MXIC company. In configuration memory device window of vivado 15.1 tools has no memory device for the QSPI programming and found no MXIC manufacturer in the drop down menu. Pls. find the attachment for the figure.

Regards,image1.thumb.png.f23e5afa6cf1a76f333e559cfcb9951e.png

Foisal

Archived