Running an Echo Server on the ZYBO board

fpga_123

Question

Hello,

I have been following the digilent tutorial to get the echo server working on the ZYBO board. My end goal is to set up a web server that will be running on the ZYNQ PS.

I am using Tera Term or Putty but it always denies the connection to the Serial COM port! My laptop has only one USB port and no Ethernet port. So, I am using a USB hub with Gigabit Ethernet which allows Ethernet interface as well as, the USB ports will help me in programming the FPGA using JTAG connection. However, I am able to program the FPGA using the SDK thereafter which using the SDK terminal itself, I am able to "Launch the System as Hardware Debugger" but the question is how do I test if the echo serving is working? I am not able to send anything so that the server will echo it back! 

As mentioned earlier, I am not even able to use serial terminal such as tera term/putty/hyper terminal for the serial port! I doubt this is because of any other software that might already have an access to the serial port before and is still using it! But, how do I even troubleshoot this problem?

It seems everything works fine right from customizing the IP to exporting it in the SDK, modifying the BSP settings and programming the FPGA. However, the problem lies in the serial port connection.

The tutorial which I have been following to set up an echo server is: https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/zybo-getting-started-with-zynq-server/start

Any help or solution to this problem is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Shyama

3 answers to this question

Hi @sgandhi,

What version of Vivado are you using?

Since you are using tera term i am assuming that you are using window.

Are you able to see the Zybo in the device manager?

Please download Adept 2 here?

Does Adept 2 recognize the Zybo?

When running the echo server project in SDK are you connected to the Zybo com port and the baud rate is set to 115200?

Please attach a screen shot of what you see in tera term when run as->launch on hardware(system debugger) in SDK.

best regards,

Jon

On 7/8/2019 at 5:03 PM, jpeyron said:

Hi @sgandhi,

What version of Vivado are you using?

Since you are using tera term i am assuming that you are using window.

Are you able to see the Zybo in the device manager?

Please download Adept 2 here?

Does Adept 2 recognize the Zybo?

When running the echo server project in SDK are you connected to the Zybo com port and the baud rate is set to 115200?

Please attach a screen shot of what you see in tera term when run as->launch on hardware(system debugger) in SDK.

best regards,

Jon

Hi @jpeyron,

I figured out that the entire procedure was correct however there was a missing Board Support Package for the Zynq-7000 in the board files folder while installing the Vivado. 

Thanks a lot,

Shyama

Archived