Nexys4 not showing up in Device Manager

Wilfred

Question

I have a Nexys4 board I want to program on a Windows 10 PC.  When I plug in the USB card the power LED lights up.  If I set the JP1 jumper on QSPI the demo programs starts up.  If I move the JP1 jumper to JTAG and open Vivado Hardware Manager it doesn't see the device.  I tried reinstalling the cable drivers but that didn't help.  I downloaded Adept but that doesn't see the Nexys board plugged into USB either.  When I open Windows Device Manager don't see it show up under Ports or USB devices.  I'd appreciate some advice on what to try next.

Thanks 

2 answers to this question

Hi @Wilfred,

Welcome to the Digilent Forums!

Have you tried using a different USB A to Micro-B Cable? There are a lot of USB A to Micro-B Cables that only supply power and do not transfer data. 

Have you tried using a different PC as well as a different usb port on the current PC?

What does the Device Manager show with the Nexys 4 connected and turned on? Please attach a screen shot. Does it show a unknown device?

If it is not the USB Cable my next thought would be potentially the EEPROM depending on how the Nexys 4 shows in the Device Manager. 

best regards,

Jon

Archived