Translating "DjtgTwoWireDemo.cpp" to 4-Wire JTAG from DigilentSDK

YaBoyRock

Question

I'm trying to communicate with a Digilent JTAG-SMT1 on an older Xilinx KC705 from a Raspberry Pi 3 and I've successfully been able to communicate with it via cmd line. Now I want to convert the 2-wire demo to a 4-wire demo since the SMT1 can only support 4-Wire JTAG. The only problem is that I've had a hard time understanding what the difference between the two is. I just need a push in the right direction since I've gone through the API trying to understand it and I've made very little progress.

Thank you for your time.

5 answers to this question

Hey Jon!

I just downloaded the Windows version of the Digilent Adept 2 SDK on my laptop and found that there is a DjtgDemo for 4-Wire it seems. They must not have it for the linux download I guess!

Thank you so much for your help again!

Ethan

Hi @YaBoyRock,

Welcome to the Digilent Forums!

It my understanding that the DtjgDemo.cpp is made for 4-wire.  Is there a specific function in the DjtgTwoWireDemo.cpp that you are interested in?

Have you looked at the Digilent Adept JTAG Interface(DJTG) Programmer's Reference found in the \digilent.adept.sdk_v2.4.2\doc folder?

best regards,

Jon

Hey jpeyron,

Thank you. When I downloaded the DigilentSDK from my RPi, I only saw there was a DjtgDemo for 2-wire... it'd be great if there was a demo solution for 4-wire like you were saying. If that is so, then that would fix all my problems. I have been going through that document and trying to understand it all. If you have any knowledge how to get that DjtgDemo for 4-Wire please let me know, or even to lead me in the right direction.

Thank you for answering I appreciate it a lot!

Ethan

Archived