I can not run the tutorial

hiroowada

Question

I am a beginner of FPGA.
I purchased Nexys A7-100T.
I installed Vivado and Digilent Board Files.(My PC's OS is Windows 10.)
I installed the version supported by the following document.
    Digilent Documentation : Reference :  Programmable Logic : Nexys A7 : Tutorials : Installing Vivado and Digilent Board Files
The software I installed is “Vivado Design Suite - HLx Editions - 2018.2 Full Product Installation”.
I installed Digilent Board Files as instructed.
Next, I tried to execute what is written in the Digilent Documentation vivado Getting Started with Vivado.
The document first says "This guide was created using Vivado 2016.4."
So, the version written in "Getting Started with Vivado" is different from the version I installed.
I first pressed the "Create New Project" button.
A dialog box titled "Project Configuration" was displayed, so I set the Project name and pressed the "Next" button.
Then a dialog box titled "Add / Remove Files-Add / remove C-based source files (design specification)" will be displayed. The description for this dialog box was not found in the document.
How should I do?
Click "Next>" button in this dialog and then "Add / Remove Files"
  A dialog titled Add / remove C-based testbench files (design test) is displayed.
How should I do?
Next, the dialog box "Create Vivado HLS solution for selected technology" will be displayed.
How should I do?
Please give me some advice.

2 answers to this question

Hi @hiroowada,

I have attached screen shots that should help you get stated with the tutorial. 

First make sure that you select the Vivado HLx and not the Vivado HLS.   For the tutorial it has you add sources and a constraint file once you have created the project so initially just select next when creating the project.

best regards,

Jon

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Archived