AD2 WaveForms or SDK to have wavegen and DIO

Sheldon

Question

After downloading and looking at WaveForms software I have a few questions.

Is it possible to have a wavegen and also use the Digital I/O at the same time? If possible, any tutorials on how to do this? I have been able to import custom data into the wavegen but can't find a way to set a Digital output.

Looking at the SDK it looks like it would be possible to use the Analog output and Digital I/O at the same time? Is there any to sync the Analog output and digital output? For example, I want to send 250ms of analog data, then turn on the output, send another 200ms of analog data and then turn the output off.

I have attached a file of what I am looking to do, does the SDK have some way to turn an Output on exactly after 250ms of analog out?

I noticed some C++ examples for the SDK, however they appear to only use on feature at a time. Are there any complex examples?

Thank you
Sheldon

AnalogAndOutput.jpg

1 answer to this question

Hi @Sheldon,

Yes, you can use both the Arbitrary Waveform Generator and the Digital I/O (either the Protocol or Patterns tool) simultaneously; in the GUI you can simply click the run button on both tools to have them operate at the same time. Here are some threads discussing the triggering capabilities:

I'm not familiar enough with the SDK to be able to readily comment on that feature for a single channel, though I know it can be done (have one output on a channel at a particular time and another output on a different channel at a different time) as per this thread.

The WaveForms expert commonly looks at this forum section though so they will be able to provide more information as needed.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived