Datasheet of push button in Project Starter Kit?

Stuk

Hi,

I got the Project Starter Kit (https://store.digilentinc.com/project-starter-kit-breadboardable-component-designed-for-mcu-projects/), and I'd like to know what the part numbers are of the mechanical switches, especially the push buttons. I actually need their datasheets.

I'm designing a debounce circuit and would like to know the dynamic behavior of those specific buttons/switches. I know I can simply hook them up to my Analog Discovery to figure out what transient time I'm looking at, or alternatively I can simply try a variety of caps and resistors...but that requires buying a lot of components. But I'd like to know if I can calculate it straight from the datasheet and then verify on the scope whether that makes sense. Usually mechanical button datasheets show parameters related to dynamic behavior, e.g. maximum bounce time.

Thanks!

Titov

Hi @Stuk,

I was not able to find a datasheet that listed those sorts of details for the TSA12111 button, but I was able to find a datasheet for the other set of buttons (the smaller set of buttons) that listed maximum bounce times. I have attached that particular datasheet below.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

EVQ-PAE04M datasheet.pdf

Thank you, JColvin!

Last night I hooked it up to the Analog Discovery 2 and I read much better values than the "max bouncing" values in the datasheet of that small (6mm x 6mm) push button. It's actually so good that it's hard to start playing with capacitors to make it better. I'll try again later today with the oscilloscope in higher resolution (startup mode of the AD2).

Stuk

Archived