Analog Discovery 2 not outputting voltage

MGuardiani

Question

Hello, 

I am a mechanical engineering student entering my junior year and I am currently taking an online course that requires the use of the Analog Discovery 2, as well as WaveForms 2015.  For the first experiment of the course, a simple circuit with two resisters were to be set up in series and the voltage was to be recorded over each resistor.  When I attempted the experiment, the volt meter in WaveForms was not giving a reading.  After a few hours of messing around and multiple different simple circuits, I still have not been able to receive a voltage output, even though I followed all the instructions given on the analog discovery website.  I even resorted to watching multiple videos from the Digilent YouTube channel and recreating their setup.  I was hoping someone would be able to instruct me of a way to test the device to see whether or not it is working correctly, or to get instructions on how to correctly output voltage.  I have the analog discovery 2 plugged into my laptop via USB and when plugged in a green light continuously flashes on the device.  One of the videos on the Digilent YouTube channel shows the orange "Scope Channel 1 Positive" wire being attached to the yellow "Waveform Generator 1" wire, and then the "Scope Channel 1 Negative" wire being connected to a ground.  Then, in the waveform tab DC is selected and it is set to an output of 5 volts.  The voltmeter tab is then selected and it displays a reading of 5 volts.  When I recreated this, the voltmeter was recording obscure numbers, for example -4 mV.  If anyone can help figure out my issue it would be appreciated.

Thanks  

1 answer to this question

Archived