Labview AD2 install

amamitof7am

Question

I am trying to get an Digilent Analog Discovery 2 working with Labview. More specifically, I have Labview version 2019 installed on a windows 10 laptop. (The computer also has Labview 2015 on it.)

I have Waveforms version 3.7.20. When I try to use this program by itself, without Labview,  I am able to use the AD2 successfully with it.

When I look in the VI Package manager, I see that I've installed the AD2 Toolkit 1.0.0.3 and Digilent WaveForms VIs 1.0.3.26 installed.

When I go to Windows Settings ->Devices, the AD2 shows up in the list of devices. When I go to the NI device monitor, it does not show up. Also, when I go to NIMAX, it does not show up.  When I try to run one of the AD2 examples in Labview, it doesn't work.

For debugging purposes, I also have a NI USB-6008 data acquisition box. When I plug it in, the USB6008  shows up in the Settings->Devices menu, the NI device monitor, and in NIMAX. 

Did I miss a step in installing the AD2 driver? Do I have incompatible versions? Am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks for your help.

1 answer to this question

Hi @amamitof7am,

I do not think the Analog Discovery 2 will be visible on NIMAX. None of the Digilent staff have used the Analog Discovery 2 with LabVIEW 2019, as we have not worked on this since late 2016. What I have seen in this thread is that the Digilent WaveForms VI set is compatible with LabVIEW 2017 though the AD2 toolkit was not compatible with it. Beyond following the Instructables that demonstrates running it on LabVIEW 2016, I'm not sure if there is anything else that can be done to get it working correctly.

I'm sorry I could not be of more help.

Thank you,
JColvin

Archived