Waveforms SDK SPI Configuration

Thore

Question

Hello,

I'm using the Waveforms SDK with Labview and I experience some weird behavior. With FDwfDigitalSpiClockSet() I set DIO0 for the Clock. With FDwfDigitalSpiDataSet() I set DIO1 for MOSI. In the end both pin functionalities are swapped, so the CLK is on DIO1 and MOSI is on DIO0.

I first call FDwfDigitalSpiClockSet() and then FDwfDigitalSpiDataSet().

4 answers to this question

Hi @Thore

Which WaveForms version are you using?
Please verify what other functions are you calling, like FDwfDigitalSpiReset sets CLK to DIO_1

With WF v3.10.9 it works for me correctly.
The following script is executed with one device and the output captured with another device.

Digital_Spi.py

dwf.FDwfDigitalSpiFrequencySet(hdwf, c_double(1e3))
dwf.FDwfDigitalSpiClockSet(hdwf, c_int(0))
dwf.FDwfDigitalSpiDataSet(hdwf, c_int(0), c_int(1)) # 0 DQ0_MOSI_SISO = DIO-1
dwf.FDwfDigitalSpiModeSet(hdwf, c_int(0))
dwf.FDwfDigitalSpiOrderSet(hdwf, c_int(1)) # 1 MSB first

# cDQ 0 SISO, 1 MOSI/MISO, 2 dual, 4 quad
#                                cDQ       bits 0    data 0
dwf.FDwfDigitalSpiWriteOne(hdwf, c_int(0), c_int(8), c_uint(0xAB)) # write 1 byte to MOSI

image.png.5016b7b852023020f98ab38fc1707726.png

I don't know why, but now it works. Maybe it had something to do how I close the Device Handle. What's the best practice for resetting and closing SPI? At the moment I call FDwfDigitalSpiReset(), and then close the device handle.

On opening all the settings are reset. Essentially the close releases the memory used for device settings, 
The *reset functions are intended to be used before starting (a new) configuration. Like when an application performs multiple tasks, sequentially applies multiple setups.

Archived