xilinx auto detection failed

JP

Question

I attempted to load the flash on an Cmod S6 thru impact and it doesn't detect the usb cable.

Everything works loading the bit file thru adept so that tells me that the cable is found by windows and is good.

I follow the procedure from this site by running impact from the start menu. Cable auto detect fails with platform cable usb is not connected.

So I unplug and reconnect the cable and run it again, still the same message. The error messages show it looks for the usb port and all parallel ports.

I go to output -> cable setup from the impact menu and check Digilent USB JTAG cable. It tells me the cable selection is not available.

I have tried this multiple times with the cable connected before starting impact and after starting impact. I have run impact from the start menu and also from ISE -> tools. Always the same problem.

There are no other user programs running. Laptop is Dell XPS, windows 7, ISE version 14.7. The port driver is windrvr6.sys version 10.2.1.0

Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve or get around this problem and load the flash?

3 answers to this question

Bianca,

The plug-in got me past the cable not found. But the programming failed. Checking separately verify, erase, get checksum and read device status all fail. Blank check tells me the device is not blank. The error messages for all of the failures is 'SPI device not found'. The 4 green leds are all on so impact appeared to do something, maybe erase the flash? I did cycle power.

The S6 is shown in the output ->cable box. Initialize chain comes back with success.

Any idea as to what to try next?

JP

Archived