Discovery 2 Crashes Soon After Starting in Windows 10

komack

Question

On a Windows 10  MSI laptop model G51-N1PR721-CV8 with GTX 960m video card with 16 GB ram, Intel i7. Using Discovery 2, after it runs for about 5 minutes, Waveforms crashes Windows.

Waveforms ver. 3.10.1. Uninstalled, rebooted, turned off antivirus, reinstalled, kept antivirus off, ran waveforms again, same problem. Tried the next version down, still crashes. 

Any suggestions welcome. Will give any more specifics if asked.  Trying to help my son in college. Thanks in advance:) 

2 answers to this question

Hi @komack

Sorry to hear this. The software stability is the most important for us.

Could you provide some instructions to reproduce the issue? which tools, views, settings... are you using from the application? It would be helpful if you could post a workspace with this.

Here you can find the latest beta version with fixes and new features:
https://forum.digilentinc.com/topic/8908-waveforms-beta-download/

6840110711746468783.thumb.jpg.906e8e6e68304209f8e44dbeae4c9434.jpgThank you so much for answering:)

I tried the beta version of Waveforms on the same  Discovery 2 NI also with the same results. I started running the program. I pulled up 2 channels in two windows, clicked run on both of them. Left them running for awhile, started clicking on the drop down menus. The drop down menus stopped working after a few minutes and the program crashed. When my son gets home from school, I'll send a pic of the work space. It runs fine on my KDE Neon Linux laptop, an older Toshiba A355-S6925.  I tried safe mode also. Waveforms still crashed.  The KDE Neon laptop is still running Waveforms. I have the patience to try anything you suggest.  I noticed that only Waveforms crashed, Windows does not.   

6840110711746468783.jpg

Archived