Car Detection using p5cam on Zybo z7 10

ahmedengr.bilal

Question

hi... i am new to FPGA ... i am working on  a project to detect a car using pcam on zybo z7 10 ..as i mentioned i am new to fpga and zybo so i am stuck where to strat... i already successfully implement p5cam demo in zybo z7 10 board and also i have learned how to use peta linux and how to make boot petalinux in board... 

now i have no idea what to do next... i want to use open cv but i dont know where to start from.. can any one provide a link or tell me how to make a pcam running on petalinx and how to implement open cv on the video for processing..  

4 answers to this question

>> new to fpga and zybo

>> i want to use open cv but i dont know where to start from

Just thinking aloud: Independently of making hardware work, it might be a good idea to forget everything about hardware and video. Spend some time with openCv and offline bitmap examples on a standard Linux machine, say a virtual Linux box or a Raspberry Pi. Can speak only for myself, but I rather fight my dragons one at a time, not all at once :)

hi @xc6lx45 thaks for the reply.. i have worked on openCv in Raspberry Pi and bananPi... i have done video processing in it... the reason i want to do it on FPGA is the speed... FPGA are faster then pi.. so i just bought zybo z7-10 board played with it.. try to make my self familiar with it.. tried all the demos. familiar myself with vivado and sdk. as well try to install and run petalinux.. all done.. now i dont find a way how to use open cv for the board.. any more help wil be much appreciated

@xc6lx45 thanks for the reply.. the issue is most of the things are for zybo z7-20 boards.. and i can understand both boards are somewhat similar but sometimes little changes require a lot of effort.. anyhow if you send me some link... i would be very thankful to you

Archived