What is Labview 2014 Home edition exactly and how does it differ from the student edition

sambuls

Question

Dear all,

I'm looking to purchase a Labview license for personal/non-commercial use.
Apparently, Labview 2014 Home edition should be the thing I need but I have some additional questions.

Is 'Labview 2014 Home Edition' based on 'Labview 2014'?
I know this question almost answers itself, but nevertheless...
NI is currently at Labview 2019, so Labview 2014 is getting old and there are some nice-to-have/upgrades that LV19 offers.

If you are a student, the 'Labview student edition' is maybe something to look at because it offers more addons.
But, since you can not be a student for the rest of your life, I presume this is a yearly license.
Is 'Labview student Edition' a one year license and is 'Labview 2014 Home Edition' a life-long license?

Regards

1 answer to this question

Hi @sambuls,

LabVIEW 2014 Home Edition is indeed based on LabVIEW 2014; it includes the Full Development Version of LabVIEW (as opposed to a Student Version of LabVIEW) and is a lifelong (perpetual) license (more details available on the license agreements here and here). I'm not familiar with the Student License so I'm not certain if it's yearly or not; that would be a question for National Instruments rather than Digilent.

Unfortunately, there are currently no plans to update LabVIEW 2014 Home Edition to a newer version of LabVIEW, nor do I anticipate there being any plans to do so.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thank you,
JColvin

Archived