Question

Hi, 

Currently I have an issue when I connect the Wi-Fire to wireless network using UDP protocol. It will be helpful if is some information about the fuctions availables on the libraries <DEIPcK.h> and <DEWFcK.h>. On this moment my target is to solve the error received from "IsIPStatusAnError(status)". I'm not sure which configurations are necessary to solve the error, the error is attached . This error comes when the following code trys to work.

Could you give me information available to use the UDP protocol used on the sketch named "UDPEchoClient .pde"?

Code involved in Yellow

case RESOLVEENDPOINT:
            if(deIPcK.resolveEndPoint(szIPServer, portServer, epRemote, &status))
            {
                if(deIPcK.udpSetEndPoint(epRemote, udpClient, portDynamicallyAssign, &status))
                {
                    state = WRITE;
                }
            }

// alway check the status and get out on error
            if(IsIPStatusAnError(status))
            {
                Serial.print("Unable to resolve endpoint, error: 0x");
                Serial.println(status, HEX);
                state = CLOSE;
            }
            break;

unnamed.png

3 answers to this question

Hi DavidMC,

I personally don't have any experience with UDP, but doing a search through the files it seems like that error indicates that the IP is not set up, although again, I don't know what that indicates. I'll ask some of our applications engineers about this and they'll get back to you here on the forum.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi J Colvin ,
Do you have some new information to share me? I want to continue working this weekend, I will appreciate any kind of information about how to use the functions and parameters of the Chipkit libraries.

Regards

DavidMc,

Looking in to the Github https://github.com/ricklon/deIPcK/blob/master/DEIPcK/utility/deIP.h the error code refers to Link Layer errors and is ipsIPNotSetup. I know using the similar library with a diy instructable project i worked on we had to hard code the ip address of the router.I believe this is the issue. here is a link to the instructable with code using the WF32.  http://www.instructables.com/id/Remote-IPad-Mount-Control-Using-WF32/

thank you,

Jon