p5 cam demo in zybo z7-10

ahmedengr.bilal

Question

7 answers to this question

the demo project i download from here .. it is for zybo z7-20 board.. i have zybo z7-10 board and i want this project to run on that board. when i see the project files inside i cannot find any .tcl file.. i am very new to this thing so i dont know how @chakma make .tcl file .. or where he find it.. i have zybo z7-10 board.. and i need to run the demo in that board.. right now i cannot find any .tcl files

@jpeyron .. ok here is step by step what i did

1- i download the release 2017.4 from here

2. i found the tcl file and create new project using .tcl file.

3. i change the device to zybo z7-10 board

4. its asking for upgrade the ip. so i upgrade the ip and after upgrade i got error. screenshot attached with name 1.bmp

5. i generate output projects 

6. after that i got error. attached 2.bmp

1.bmp 2.bmp

thanks @jpeyron for reply.. i try to generate bitstream without updating the ip... here is what the issues

1. the sysnthesis run ok

2. implementation have following issues

[Place 30-487] The packing of instances into the device could not be obeyed. There are a total of 4400 slices in the pblock, of which 2902 slices are available, however, the unplaced instances require 3497 slices. Please analyze your design to determine if the number of LUTs, FFs, and/or control sets can be reduced.

Number of control sets and instances constrained to the design
    Control sets: 808
    Luts: 16406 (combined) 18199 (total), available capacity: 17600 
    Flip flops: 18901, available capacity: 35200
    NOTE: each slice can only accommodate 1 unique control set so FFs cannot be packed to fully fill every slice

[Place 30-99] Placer failed with error: 'Detail Placement failed please check previous errors for details.'
Please review all ERROR, CRITICAL WARNING, and WARNING messages during placement to understand the cause for failure.

[Common 17-69] Command failed: Placer could not place all instances

and if i upgrade ip status and then run 

synthesis is ok

implementation have following error

[DRC INBB-3] Black Box Instances: Cell 'system_i/DVIClocking_0' of type 'system_DVIClocking_0_0' has undefined contents and is considered a black box.  The contents of this cell must be defined for opt_design to complete successfully.

Archived