How to generate White Noise from Analog Discovery 2

Yani

Question

3 answers to this question

Hello @attila,

Thank you for your response. I have tried these settings but i was wondering if it can reproduce a noise which looks something like the images attached. Thank you.

Capture2.thumb.PNG.e73cfff9b8725290924a994d4ad13886.PNG

Capture.PNG

Hi @Yani,

What time base are you using in the images you attached? From what I can guess in your images (at least the fist one that has some information about the sampling rate) you seem to have a custom timebase between 2 and 5 milliseconds/division.

The reason I ask is because at lower sampling rates (which can be set by larger timebases) that are measuring a "noisy" signal (not necessarily white noise) that oscillates around a center point and is a much higher frequency than the oscilloscope is set to effectively measure, will look similar to the images you attached, making it very difficult to guess what sort of waveform is being generated.

I have attached a couple of images of what the noise generated using the settings attila provided at a couple of different timebases to illustrate this, which I realize you have tried already but am attaching for the sake of other curious readers.

If you have some more details about the waveform you are capturing (i.e. is it from an external source and if so what are you measuring), please let us know so we can better inform you how you could generate that signal in WaveForms.

Thanks,
JColvin

AD2 whitenoise extended timebase.png

AD2 whitenoise scope.png

Archived