xadc_zynq

revathi

Question

Hi everyone,

Am doing research in Signal processing. My aim is to obtain the samples from xadc and it should be applied to my signal processing algorithm. Am working in Zynq 702 board. Still n ow i have applied the external analog signal to the dedicated pin Vp an Vn and by using AMS gui i have debugged the xadc converted value.

Now without using any GUI , i would like to debug only the Vp and Vn converted value by using ILA, i have attached the block diagram of my design and the specifications.kindly refer it.

My Problem is i have selected channel sequencer and i need to visualize only the xadc data of Vp and Vn input signal. But in Do[15:0] am geeting all the datas like temperature, alarm etc.  KIndly reply me it will be helpful for my research progress.

XADC block dgm.docx

Hi @jpeyron,

I have connected the board with aux 0 pin , and i got converted ADC output , but the values is in unipolar mode.

From arbitary waveform generator, 1 Vpp external sine wave signal is given as input.

But am getting the maximum of only around 70mv only, am not getting the full 500mv .

And i have attached my ADC plotting result , kindly refer it.

And how to set the bipolar mode in SDK, using c code. I referred some digilent forum answers but am not clear. 

Atlast, as XADC sampling rate is 1Ms/s but am getting around 300 samples/s, while am plotting my result in Serial oscilloscope (following lab3 )

Hi @jpeyron,

Thankyou for your kind reply. I will check the code that you have sent. 

The board that am using is Zynq ZC702, evalutaion kit.

NO, I didn't try any auxillary channel. Today i will try and update you. Thankyou once again       

Hi @jpeyron,

Thankyou for your kind reply. In the XADC Wizard i set Vp and Vn as my external analog input signal pin.

I have attached my screen shot of XADC wizard configurations.

* I have generated the bit stream file and exported the hardware to SDK

* I have attached my c file below kindly refer it.

* The external analog input to Vp and Vn pin is Sine wave signal of 100KHz, amplitude of 1Vpp from arbitary waveform generator. The time period of one sine wave is 10 us. 

* The adc output value from tera term emulator is atteched below.

* From the result of tera term, how i can found out the end of sequence or how many sine wave periods am getting or how long the tera term emulator will run. Kindly give some idea to analyze the window of tera term 

* In addition to this i have debug the xadc wizard channel_out and dout, i have attached the ILA waveform window also, From that window what i observed is the channel output is 3, As mentioned in UG480, page 45 the vp and vn channel is 3.

* The value of Daddr[6:0],am getting 0ch , from page 38 of UG480 manual it represents invalid data is flowing in the OCh address.

* Why am not getting the proper converted signal in debug window, where am doing mistake. Kindly do the needful

*Another error am seeing in my System monitor window is am getting the signal from Ov to 1V , but my input is -500mV to +500mv

Hi @revathi,

Welcome to the Digilent Forums!

In the XADC wizard you can select or deselect the aux channels that you would like to have active.  

Please attach a screen shot of your XADC wizard's configurations.

Here is a non-digilent tutorial on how to use the XADC with ZYNQ that should be helpful.  

Here is the Zynq book that should be useful as well. 

best regards,

Jon 

Archived