Waveforms 2015 for Mac version stability

Baker Steve

Question

21 answers to this question

Ignore the screenshot, which was done with 3.1 - I am now definitely using 3.2.6. I tried to attach a screenshot of the 'About' box to prove this, but I get a message saying I'm only allowed to upload 30 kB.

The missing instruments aren't opening outside the screen area, as they don't show up in the Window menu either.

Steve

Hi, the problem mentioned first in this thread seems to persist with version 3.2.6

I've downloaded the version 3.2.6 DMG, installed app & driver. On 10.9.5 the crash happens as described above. Can you post the old driver + new software package, if this still works as a fix?

Greetings,

Thomas W.

I've got more info. I think at least part of the problem occurs at save-on-quit: when a cmd-Q or File->Quit command is issued, at least one instrument window closes before the context save. That instrument is therefore not saved, and so not re-displayed on open.

Steve

Is this issue being addressed? I am definitely seeing lost instruments on a context save/restore, and I need to make a purchase decision.

It might be specific to my setup: 2013 MacPro/Mavericks (OS X 10.9.5) with a simulated Analog Discovery 2 in Waveforms 2015 v 3.2.6.

I appreciate that you are working on Waveforms 2016, but if there is a bug, I don't expect you want to carry it over into the new version.

I'm entirely happy to run tests and/or diagnostics here if that would help: I'm excited about the Discovery 2 and am happy to help. I spent half my working life on electronics of one sort or another, so generally know what I'm doing.

Thanks.

Steve (BSc MBCS MISTC CITP)

In your screenshot there is a Meter tool which indicates older version. In 3.2.6 this is renamed to Logger.
Loading a workspace with the new application, saved from older version having Meter tool, it won't open the Logger tool.

I just notice that under OS X selecting separate windows might bring some tools outside the visible screen area.

Right - it's happened again, definitely with Version 3.2.6 for Mac. With multiple instruments open, including a scope, waveform generator, pattern generator, logic analyzer and static I/O, only the scope and waveform generator were reopened after save and restore. There are definitely some bugs here, perhaps in combination with changing the window type from tabbed to separate.

Steve

There seems to be a further issue: saved workspaces aren't always re-opened in full.

I've just done a test by saving the workspace shown in the screenshot attached. When re-opened, only the home dialog, the meter and the logic analyzer were displayed.

Steve

Screen Shot 2016-03-26 at 13.09.13.png

Archived