Analog Discovery 2 issue

tjaplayer

Question

I bought an Analog Discovery 2 on 8/23/17. I used it my first year for labs. I stopped using it from December ,2018 till April 2019. When I went to go use it a week or two ago, it would not work. Waveform would not recognize it. The led would not light up when plugged in. I tried using different cables and on different computers to test out if it was just a connection issue. Any feedback on what can be done to help fix this issue is greatly appreciated. 

8 answers to this question

Hi @tjaplayer,

When you say WaveForms would not recognize it, do you mean WaveForms does not detect the Analog Discovery 2 at all, or does it just come up as an unknown device? Additionally, are you able to see the Analog Discovery 2 on the Windows Device Manager (presuming) you are Windows? It will appear as "USB Serial Converter" under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Thank you,
JColvin

Still Not working, still need help. 

I'm assuming the device shorted out somehow, I don't understand how. Is there anything I could do? Send it in for a replacement? or to be repaired?

Thank you to whoever can give me answers. 

Hi @tjaplayer

Such undetected device usually indicate no contact in USB plug. Please try to use other USB cables.
The AD2 should show up in the Windows Device Manager as "USB Serial Converter". In case the driver is missing "unknown" or "Digilent USB Device" is shown.
In case the USB controller is malfunctioning or not all the USB wires make contact it could take a minute until the OS reports "unknown device".

image.png.cfaafdc585d21cd0f1e992a268451f00.png

In the following post you can find some troubleshooting information:

I have plugged the device in on multiple computers, using multiple plugs, it's not powering on at all, no green light. I looked at the board itself, nothing looks fried. I dont want to spend another $250 on a product that managed to break for no reason. It worked the last time I used it in december 2018 and it worked fine, and I used it again in April 2019 and it doesnt? Is there some sort of warranty/replacement/repair option? 

Hi @tjaplayer

I don't think the device broke down just by sitting in the box, or on the shelf.

The LED in the device lights up only after the software connects to it, so this can't be use for troubleshooting.

Please verify if the device is detected in Windows's Device Manager as "USB Serial Converted" or "UNKNOWN DEVICE". 
Try to use other USB cable, hub, computer plug, computer.
In case the USB controller is damaged or problem with the cable contact, it could take up to a minute to show up as 'unknown device'.

Archived