CMOD A7 Schematic missing stuff

FPGAMaster

Question

The CMOD A7 schematic is missing some items. For example: The USB connector and associated circuitry is missing from the schematic. Only the UART connections at the are shown on sheet 3. The signals UART_TXD_IN, and UART_RXD_OUT are shown on pins J17 & J18 (Bank 14) but can not be found anywhere else in the schematic. All of the remaining USB schematic items (components, JTAG signals, etc) are missing.

Is there a complete schematic available?

8 answers to this question

Thanks for your input. I have looked at several of the boards and see the same problem with a few of them. However, some of the documentation seems to show more information. I want to have the full schematic so I'm sure I don't "hook up" something and let the smoke out.

FYI: The MAXX schematic shows the "standard" FTDI-JTAG connection but it is possible that your board has some additional buffers in-between. I noticed this on the CMOD A7 (not S7), needs some GPO bits set to work with custom FTDI-JTAG code. As an opinion, I don't think there's a real risk of breaking anything.

Hello,

I have the same issue and would like to get more detail.  I have two Cmod A7-15T and would like to understand the UART and 12 MHz signals and others not shown to use as a debug port.  Can you please get me the missing schematic page or alternative documentation?

thank you

Rick

Archived