FPGAMaster

CMOD A7 Schematic missing stuff

Question

The CMOD A7 schematic is missing some items. For example: The USB connector and associated circuitry is missing from the schematic. Only the UART connections at the are shown on sheet 3. The signals UART_TXD_IN, and UART_RXD_OUT are shown on pins J17 & J18 (Bank 14) but can not be found anywhere else in the schematic. All of the remaining USB schematic items (components, JTAG signals, etc) are missing.

Is there a complete schematic available?

7 answers to this question

The uart and jtag circuitry is proprietary and in not shown in the schematics for most of the Digilent boards.

Thanks for your input. I have looked at several of the boards and see the same problem with a few of them. However, some of the documentation seems to show more information. I want to have the full schematic so I'm sure I don't "hook up" something and let the smoke out.

@FPGAMaster,

If you want to take a peek at what the missing pieces from the schematic (probably) look like, check out the schematic for the MAX-1000 from Trenz.  It's  got the missing USB/FTDI programmer circuitry shown, and operates in roughly the same fashion.

Dan

FYI: The MAXX schematic shows the "standard" FTDI-JTAG connection but it is possible that your board has some additional buffers in-between. I noticed this on the CMOD A7 (not S7), needs some GPO bits set to work with custom FTDI-JTAG code. As an opinion, I don't think there's a real risk of breaking anything.