Analog 2 waveform generator not working out of box

doconnor

Question

I just received an Analog 2 today. Upon hooking up the waveform generator to the scope, on both channels, I get a -5.25V output. My waveform was selected to be a simple 1KHz 1V sine waveform. Neither selections from the plethora of wave forms nor stopping and starting change the output from the channels. What is the process of returning the broken unit for a good one?

6 answers to this question

Hi @doconnor

First I want to point out that each device is passed through a rigorous test and calibration process.
The problem could be caused by an undetected cold solder which looses contact during shipping.

Please make sure you have connected W1 to 1+ and W2 to 2+.
For measurements the 1- and 2- should be connected to ground, but for such testing you can leave them floating.

For warranty and replacement contact support at digilentinc dot com specifying the Date of Purchase, Seller and Purchase Order/ Web order Number.

image.png.14a39703b2887eea7472289735191564.png

Thank you. I appreciate the feedback. Setup is always doubtful. Yet, I had it setup correctly with no success. I left a message on the Tech. Support Forum, but as of yet not received a response. Is there a link for Tech. Support  apart from the forum that I can utilize? 

Hi @doconnor,

Have you received a response yet? The team that manages that email is on a different timezone so they may have been out for the weekend; otherwise, there is no link to go to. The forum is otherwise the appropriate location to ask questions as the Digilent engineers (including the creator of the WaveForms software who responded to you) are the staff that respond to questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Thanks for the tag. I received an email:

I am raising a replacement request, the Digilent Sales Dept. will contact you for more details.

Best Regards,

Cristian Fatu

I haven’t heard from sales as of yet. 

Anxiously Awaiting,

doconnor

Archived