How to reset / hard format BASYS3

kmesne

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi @kmesne,

Are you storing your project on the QSPI FLASH with the Mode Jumper JP1 set to QSPI so that when you turn of the basys 3 and turn it back on your project is loaded on to the fpga with your stored QSPI FLASH project? As done in the Basys 3 programming guide tutorial.

You can erase the QSPI FLASH using the Hardware manager. Here is xilinx ug908 that discusses this on page 53.

Are you configuring the Basys 3 with a bit file on a usb memory stick connected to the usb and the Mode Jumper JP1 set to USB

If you are not loading a project onto the FPGA from the QSPI FLASH or from a USB memory stick then you are using the JTAG. Make sure that the  mode on the JP1 jumper is set correctly to JTAG.  

I do not believe there is a factory reset.

If your PC does not recognizes the Basys 3 and your EEPROM is corrupted we can PM you an application to fix the EEPROM. This does not sound like it is the case since you are able to program the board.

I would also check your block design and top HDL(Verilog/VHDL) file to ensure that the project is done correct.

best regards,

Jon

17 hours ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @kmesne,

Are you storing your project on the QSPI FLASH with the Mode Jumper JP1 set to QSPI so that when you turn of the basys 3 and turn it back on your project is loaded on to the fpga with your stored QSPI FLASH project? As done in the Basys 3 programming guide tutorial.

You can erase the QSPI FLASH using the Hardware manager. Here is xilinx ug908 that discusses this on page 53.

Are you configuring the Basys 3 with a bit file on a usb memory stick connected to the usb and the Mode Jumper JP1 set to USB

If you are not loading a project onto the FPGA from the QSPI FLASH or from a USB memory stick then you are using the JTAG. Make sure that the  mode on the JP1 jumper is set correctly to JTAG.  

I do not believe there is a factory reset.

If your PC does not recognizes the Basys 3 and your EEPROM is corrupted we can PM you an application to fix the EEPROM. This does not sound like it is the case since you are able to program the board.

I would also check your block design and top HDL(Verilog/VHDL) file to ensure that the project is done correct.

best regards,

Jon

I can configure my basys3 and program it with my codde but when it starts at the begining it acts weird. And sometimes it tripping 

But i have a used BASYS3 i bought it from another student, he may did something different. But i always use microusb to program it did not checked mode jumper at all

And im not that used to with basys3 /vhdl so im afraid to do sth wrong

Hi @kmesne,

If the basys 3 is able to be configured but the board is not doing what is expected i would think that there is an issue with the VHDL.  I would configure the Basys 3 with known complete projects like the projects on the basys 3 resource center to ensure the board is doing what is expected. . Another place to look for good VHDL examples is with one of our community members @hamster here.  Make sure that the mode jumper JP1 on the top right of the basys 3 is set to JTAG.

best regards,

Jon

Archived