Unable to connect Nexys A7 to my PC

Artoria

Question

Hi,

I have a Nexys A7 FPGA board, but when I tried to connect it to my PC trough micro USB cable, the PC could not recognize the device. In the device manager, it showed error code 43 (Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems). However, the board could be lighted after connected. In the Vivado, it showed there was no hardware conneted. 

I tried general USB troubleshooting methods, such as restarting computer, or turning off PSU, but they did not work.

Can someone help me to fix it? Thank you!

7 answers to this question

Hi @Artoria,

After you have re-installed Vivado. Make sure to re-start you PC.

In the device manager expand universal serial bus controllers.

Do you have a USB serial converter a and USB serial converter b at the bottom of the expanded list? 

When you click on either are they FTDI drivers? If so uninstall both drivers and re-plug in the Nexys A7. To have windows re-download the FTDI drivers.

Please install Adept 2

Does Adept 2 recognize the Nexys A7?

best regards,

Jon

On 4/8/2019 at 9:26 PM, jpeyron said:

Hi @Artoria,

After you have re-installed Vivado. Make sure to re-start you PC.

In the device manager expand universal serial bus controllers.

Do you have a USB serial converter a and USB serial converter b at the bottom of the expanded list? 

When you click on either are they FTDI drivers? If so uninstall both drivers and re-plug in the Nexys A7. To have windows re-download the FTDI drivers.

Please install Adept 2

Does Adept 2 recognize the Nexys A7?

best regards,

Jon

Hi @jpeyron

I followed up your instructions and I uninstalled the FTDI drivers but when I re-plug in the Nexys A7, windows does not re-download the FTDI drivers.

USB serial converter A and B and some other USB controllers are not more listed under "universal serial bus controllers.

Any idea what to do?

Best regards,

Jonathan

Archived