Nexys A7-100T Audio DMA Demo

Jubullu22

Question

Hello,

I am trying to get the DMA-Audio demo working on the Nexys A7-100T.  I have gotten the program to run on the board and the SW 261 Hz tone plays but not the HW tone. It says its generating the tone in HW but you can't hear anything.  Also when trying to store a .WAV file for playback I am using the "Send File" command in TeraTerm, the monitor says "Header Received" and the file sends but then the program seems to lock up.  The buttons no longer function and I have to re-launch the program to get it to do anything. I am using the 96kHz sample rate chirp tone found at: https://www.audiocheck.net/testtones_highdefinitionaudio.php.  Is this an issue with the current build of the demo or am I doing something wrong?

I have attached the TeraTerm output below.  The only command that plays audio is the "Demo Generating 261 Hz tone in SW"

Thanks for the help!

TeraTermOut.JPG

update:  Okay I was able to get past the Header received stage by uploading as binary but now it doesn't seem to be storing.  It plays it back once after sending but won't replay it without uploading again.

1 answer to this question

Hi @Jubullu22,

I brought the HW tone and replaying the wav form issues up to our content team. They researched this and have updated the read me of the project as know issues.  Thank you for bringing this up to us!

They did give me some potential fixes for the HW tone part of the project. In the helloworld.c

add Xil_DCacheInvalidateRange call to dma_receive around line 141 

and then uncomment dma_forward call in main.

For the recv_wav()

line 340 is freeing the file, comment this out, or only free an existing file at the start of recv_wav in order to overwrite an existing file.

Please let us know how these potential fixes work for you.

best regards,

Jon

Archived