Voltmeter for mac

dgriffin0745

Question

I have purchased the analog discovery kit and downloaded waveforms 2015 that was sent in email to me. Using this software I can fin no instructions for mac and I can not find a voltmeter tool anywhere. For windows it says there is another button that says "more instruments" then click "voltmeter" and a window pops up with c1 and c2 to allow you yo monitor voltage. This button and none like it are available to me. How do I use the voltmeter for this application?

2 answers to this question

The Voltmeter tool is present in the old WaveForms v2 supported only on Windows.
This uses the Scope inputs to measured the average DC voltage, AC and true RMS values.
In the new cross platform WaveForms 2015 it is replaced by Logger tool which adds history feature for data logging.
The software can be easily download from the following page: https://reference.digilentinc.com/waveforms3

(For windows also) More specifically in waveforms 2015 you can get a voltage reading by choosing LOGGER in the Welcome tab.  By default, this will bring you to a screen with a graph of values on the right and a listing on the left.  In the "Name' column it lists the 3 types of readings (DC, true RMS, and AC RMS) for the C1 and C2 inputs.  The next column,  "Value", will show the current value on those inputs.  If you don't want to show the graph, there is a small arrow just above the upper right of the graph -- click it and you will toggle between showing the graph and only showing only the value.  If you want to also show the maximum and minimum, click on the SHOW tab and click on the appropriate choice (or both).  It's not as clean as just showing the voltage readings, but it's adequate.

Since this is all software, I don't know why they couldn't also have a voltmeter tool choice which only showed the value.  For teaching purposes it would be much better (and far more obvious than clicking on "Logger").

Archived