Wi-Fire SD_ReadWrite

James783

Question

Hi,

I’m new to working with the chipKit Wi-fire board and wish to experiment with the SD_ReadWrite example. I have installed Arduino 1.8.9 on a Windows 10 machine and followed through instructions on setup.

Referring to the chipKit Wi-Fire Board reference manual, I note the SD card CS is on pin 8 (pin 52). I have set chipSelect_SD_default = 52; Each time I run the program on the chipKit Wi-Fire board the SD card does not initialize ("initialization failed!"). The SD card is a SanDisk 64GB.

Please could you advise if there are any instructions available on how to setup this example on the chipKit Wi-Fire rev.c board? I note there have been previous issues with the SD card on the Wi-Fire and wish to confirm if this example does work on the Wi-Fire board?

Regards,

James

3 answers to this question

Dear JColvin,

Thank you for your prompt response.

As per your suggestion, the SanDisk 64GB micro SD card is in fact exFAT format. I have a SanDisk 32GB micro SD card available today and note that is FAT32 compatible.

I can confirm that the SD_ReadWrite example is fully working on the ChipKit Wi-Fire using the 32GB FAT32 compatible micro SD card.

For the reference, I used a micro SD to SD adaptor to open the micro SD card on my home PC. Open file explorer -> right-click micro SD -> ‘Format’. In the format menu, the list of compatible formats can be viewed under the ‘file system’ drop down menu.

Thanks again, kind regards,

James

Archived