Revision Control for Vivado

sstadlertsi

Question

I downloaded the Arty General I/O Demo, and followed the instructions in the "how to generate a project from Digilent's GIThub"
I was talking to someone else about revision control for Vivado, and they described a similar process, using the journal to capture what you have done, and making a tcl file to re-generate the project.
I want to know how to do this?
Do you have a document or wiki page that describes how to set this up? Which files you need to store in order to re-generate your project, and how to set up the tcl file?
There is a Write Project tcl generator in Vivado now, but it looks different than yours for the General I/O demo.
I am going through UG1198, but I wanted to see if you have something easier to follow here.
Thank You,
Steve

3 answers to this question

Hi Steve,

We only have some very loose instructions on creating these projects. You can basically read through the create_project.tcl script found in the /proj folder to see how it works. It basically creates a new project and adds the other folders as Vivado repos. If there is a block design it runs that tcl script as well. All you would really need to do is make a copy and replace the files in there with your own files.

Archived