Controlling the car remotely with the buttons on the basys3

kmesne

Question

Hi i want to build an rc car which is controlled by buttons on the basys3.

I could not decide which sensors/modules I shall use. Should I use Bluetooth module or infrared or what?
How can I do remote control a car with basys3

Or should I just do it with my phone but I rather to do it with basys3

4 answers to this question

Hi @kmesne,

Let me see if I see if I can help clarify a few things.

The good news is that there is not a wrong way to do your project, provided it meets all of the given requirements. However, there are certainly harder and easier ways to accomplish this project. As a general policy of the staff on the Digilent forum (which has been unofficially adopted by a number of our kind and helpful forum members that offer advice on their own free time) is that we don't actively complete homework assignments or semester projects for people because we believe that approach isn't truly helpful for anybody trying to learn (and it could be construed as cheating). I believe the folks over at reddit feel the same way based on what I saw.

Naturally, this does not prevent you from looking to see if there are similar projects already existing online that you could use as a guideline for your own project, but realize there is no guarantee that what you find will work for your system; you will likely have to do a bit of work changing it to fit your requirements/needs. Based on what you have described both here and in other places, I would like to believe that there are some resources available at your institution that can help guide you in making the needed steps and design choices for your project, but you will know that answer best.

On the other hand, if you have specific questions on how particular part of design might work and have done some due diligence on accomplishing this for yourself, we can likely give you some advice.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
JColvin

15 minutes ago, JColvin said:

Hi @kmesne,

Let me see if I see if I can help clarify a few things.

The good news is that there is not a wrong way to do your project, provided it meets all of the given requirements. However, there are certainly harder and easier ways to accomplish this project. As a general policy of the staff on the Digilent forum (which has been unofficially adopted by a number of our kind and helpful forum members that offer advice on their own free time) is that we don't actively complete homework assignments or semester projects for people because we believe that approach isn't truly helpful for anybody trying to learn (and it could be construed as cheating). I believe the folks over at reddit feel the same way based on what I saw.

Naturally, this does not prevent you from looking to see if there are similar projects already existing online that you could use as a guideline for your own project, but realize there is no guarantee that what you find will work for your system; you will likely have to do a bit of work changing it to fit your requirements/needs. Based on what you have described both here and in other places, I would like to believe that there are some resources available at your institution that can help guide you in making the needed steps and design choices for your project, but you will know that answer best.

On the other hand, if you have specific questions on how particular part of design might work and have done some due diligence on accomplishing this for yourself, we can likely give you some advice.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
JColvin

Should I use HC-05 or HC12

Hi @kmesne,

Given the two options, I'd definitely prefer using the HC-05; it is bluetooth compatible (so you could always pair it with your phone if needbe) whereas the HC-12 is a long range wireless transmitter that is not bluetooth based. Plus I do not think you will need to be able to communicate with your remote controlled vehicle from 1.8 kilometers away. To be fair, they both appear to be straightforward modules to use, so both will work, but the HC-05 will offer a little more flexibility in what all can be used with the project.

Thanks,
JColvin

Agreed, Controlling car uses an infrared technology. By using thins technology we can control the device within a limited range as the infrared technology works on the infrared beams emitted from the target object surface. Infrared radiations gives very accurate information hence we can easily rely on the information obtained from this technology. That's why nowadays the technology is being used in the measurement industry.  Infrared Thermometer is one of the best application of infrared technology.

Edited by Sakshi Verma