Nexys2 not working

Wilson

I have a Nexys2 board that uses to work well but suddenly it started to present problems. No matter what project I load (in JTAG mode) it did not get running in the board. The power via USB seems correct in the board.

I have tried several  Nexys.UCF files. I have changed the USB2 cable, I have re-installed the Adept software and nothing seems to solve this problem. 

I also have a Basys board and the same projects work well in this board.

Can someone help me to find out what is happening with my board?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Wilson,

I have attached the demo bit file for the 500K and the 1200K nexys 2 along with a screen shot and picture to help with using Adept 2 with configuring the Nexys 2 with the attached bit file. Do you have the  Jumper setting the same as the attached picture? Does thye 7 segment display and leds work?

cheers, 

Jon

500k.zip

1200k.zip

Nexys2_adept.jpg

nexys2_adept.jpg

Hi Jon,

All the switches in my board are set in the same way you showed in the photo.

I loaded your demo program and it runs ok. It is similar to the test program that we can access via the Adept software.

What was the .ucf file that is used in the demo program? Have you compared to the one I am using in my project? Are they the same or different?

I have tried another project. I took from the book "Learning by example using VHDL". This example just shows the switches in the leds and in the 7 segment display.

When I load this project  sw2reg.bit file it does not work and I got the situation showed in the photo below.

Below I send also the screen I got after programming the board and the photo of my board showing the jumpers configuration.

Thanks for your help up to now.

Wilson

Nexys2_jumpers.jpg

Screen_after_programming_board.png

Hi @Wilson,

I used the bit file provided in the Nexys2 Board verification Project on the Nexys 2 resource center here. I attached the ucf file for the Nexys2 Board verification Project for the 1200K. The master UCF file is also on the resource center. 

It sounds like the Nexys 2 1200K is working.

Here is a basic Nexys 2 non-digilent tutorial that should be helpful. Are you able to go through this tutorial as expected?

cheers,

Jon

DemoWithMemCfg.ucf

Archived