PmodOLEDrgb_out not connecting in connection automation

FrancoG

Question

hello - i have tried to find method to get the PmodOLEDrgb_out connection to connect to "ja" PMOD connector, but I have no luck; I have seen numerous videos on how this happens automatically during connection automation step - I cannot get the connection! what am I missing? is it a tool or IP setup issue? I am using 2018.2. The picture below shows the trace/connection I cannot achieve. Please help!

F94JQEHIMDQIYMI.LARGE.jpg

5 answers to this question

Hi @FrancoG,

Welcome to the digilent forums!

1) What zynq board are you using? 

2) Are you selecting the same board when creating the project? Did you install the board files?

3) Please attach a screen shot of the board tab of the block design.

4) What frequency is fclk_clk1?

5) Please attach the errors you are getting.

6) are you able to generate a bitstream?

7) Are you following this tutorial?

thank you,

Jon

Hello Jon. I have been following the tutorial. I have extracted the "vivado-library-2018.2-1.zip" again, keeping the complete path and complete library (previously I only extracted the PmodOLEDrgb folder), and now the connection automation does indeed connect the output port with the "JA" connector. 

However, I get errors when I try and synthesize (hardware is the Cora7s platform), where it reports the following error:

[IP_Flow 19-157] Failed to copy file from 'c:/MyDesigns/DigilentIP/vivado-library/ip/Pmods/pmodOLEDrgb_v1_0/ip/PmodOLEDrgb_axi_quad_spi_0_0/PmodOLEDrgb_axi_quad_spi_0_0.xci' to 'c:/MyDesigns/Xilinx/C2/C2.srcs/sources_1/bd/core/ip/core_PmodOLEDrgb_0_0/ip/PmodOLEDrgb_axi_quad_spi_0_0/PmodOLEDrgb_axi_quad_spi_0_0.xci'.

Examining the content of the PmodOLEDrgb folder (extracted from the "vivado-library-2018.2-1.zip" file), some of the subfolders are empty! However, when I look in Github, I see the files are there - so I will try and clone the repository or copy the missing files manually and try again. 

best wishes, Franco

Archived