srss

DMM Shield - Arduino board.

Question

Please look at the pictures below. The arduino Mega board is a picture right off the main arduino web site.

The DMM shield picture  is the board we recently purchased.  Clearly the pin out for both boards are not the same.  The arduino mega is listed as compatible on the  DMM shield info on  the Digilent web site. Do we need some type of adapter board that mates with the  Mega and allows the mega to run the DMM shield.??

Arduino-Mega-crop2.jpg

DMM Shield-crop.jpg

3 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

The DMM Shield does work with the Mega 2650. Here are two photos showing them mated. I do not have the DMM Shield fully seated so you can see the pins. DMM Shield connector J7 pins 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15 and J8 pins 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15 and connector J6 pins 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 do not connect to the Mega.

image.png.a12c79c7b076b8b2e410cb33356d48b4.png

image.thumb.png.d99a45d8ec5b15dab1878ed8f66ffa8e.png

Edited by kwilber

Posted (edited)

If you need access to more of the Mega's pins, you can use stacking headers as shown in this photo.

image.png.87fc68062c8f26a7e6b0f7032684ea84.png

You can also use stacking headers on top of the DMM Shield as I did here when I used a MTDS Shield to mimic a multimeter.

Edited by kwilber

Hi @srss,

The DMM Shield is compatible with Mega (as is with Uno, Due). All the pins used by DMM shield are connected to the Arduino Mega. As @kwilber said, there are some extra pins that are not mated with Arduino. We loaded those just to have full compatibility with our Chipkit boards that have the extra rows. As you can see in the picture below.

image.png

All the signals that the DMM Shield are using are on the outer pins of the connector to assure the compatibility with Arduino. The rest are loaded in case you need to stack other shields on top of the DMM to have access to the chipkit pins.

I hope this helps you.

Best regards,

Bianca