PmodRs485 - Arduino Due

Bhushan021

Question

Hi, I am trying to use PmodRS485 with Arduino Due for communicating with a sensor that uses MODBUS RTU (RS485).

My question:

Is PmodRS485 the right module to use in this case?

(I am not able obtain any data from the sensor. The voltage between A and B terminal on PmodRS485 remains constant. That means it is neither sending nor receiving anything. I am using the ModbusMaster.h library by Doc Walker.)

2 answers to this question

Hi @Bhushan021,

We don't have an Arduino Due to directly test this ourselves, but I believe the ModbusMaster.h should generally be compatible with the Pmod RS485 since from what I can tell in the material available on the associated github account (link) it just uses a serial port and flow control bits which are required for the Pmod RS485 to work correctly. My understanding with the Arduino Due is that it subject to the caveat listed in the readme where you will need to disconnect the module from RX while uploading the sketch before being able to reconnect and properly use it. I am uncertain of how the other two pieces of hardware listed in the Github hardware states differ from the Pmod RS485 though.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived