Measure consumption - Analog discovery 2 - Python

Younammar

Question

Hello

I'm new to the forum

I am developing a python tool using Analog discovery 2 and SDK waveforms to perform tests on electronic boards from where I need to feed the cards in 5V Dc, I created a function to which enable the V+ , as well as some functions to measure the gain of an AOP, etc.

my current problem is that I intend to feed the card from the output V+ (5 v) and I need to measure the consumption of the electronic card, I searched in the examples in py I found the AnalogIO_AnalogDiscovery2_Power.py program that measures the voltage and current of USB and AUX, I would like to know if there is way to measure the current that my card consumes.

2 answers to this question

Hi @Younammar,

If you are measuring an external circuit, there is not a direct method to measure the current flowing through a different board built into the Analog Discovery 2 or WaveForms. In general, you would need to some additional setup like it is shown in this tutorial here. I believe the python script you are referencing takes advantage of a current sensing IC that is already built into the Analog Discovery 2 so it will not be of use in this case.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
JColvin

Archived