kavya@iiitn

Question

19 answers to this question

Hi @kavya@iiitn,

You need to keep your router set to DHCP; this should be the recommend settings of your router as per it's manual here, rather than a static IP; the example project we provide with our Pmod WiFi determines and sets up the IP address and the connectivity for you; you only need to provide the SSID and password to the WiFi -- this is described in this post here.

Additionally, in your earlier post showing your router and Zedboard, it looked like you both 1V0 and 2V5 selected with jumpers on the VADJ select in the bottom right corner of the board near the 5 push buttons. This will cause conflicting voltages on the Zedboard and likely damage it, particularly on the FMC.

I would also not recommend showing all of your router settings (I removed the picture) as that can provide all of the details a hacker needs to access your internet.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @kavya@iiitn,

In the HTTPServerConfig.h starting on line 92 it states that: 

// You have a choice of either calculating a static IP based on LocalStaticIP (next variable)

// Or setting the whole IP yourself. If you want DHCP to supply and automatically set

// your network parameters, set this to {0,0,0,0}. However, you then MUST set localStaticIP.

// If you fully specify your static IP, then you do NOT need to set localStaticIP

// but you MUST then set the remaining Gateway, subnet, and DNS values below.

It might be easier to not set the IP address initially to get the demo up an going and then alter things to your desire.

best regards,

Jon

Hi @harika,

Unfortunately, we do not have the bandwidth to make a YouTube video for the Zedboard and the Pmod WIFI. On your other thread here I have posted a verified working Zedboard/Pmod WIFI project for Vivado 2017.4. that should only need you to alter the HTTPServerConfig.h with your router login and password. 

best regards,

Jon

Sir, do we need to place ethernet cable to zedboard from router  to get ip address?

Can u please make a video regarding this project on zedboard as fast as possible  because the suggested video is about arty board and also they are using pmod sd 

Screenshot (92).png

Screenshot (94).png

Screenshot (95).png

Hi @harika,

What WIFI IP Core example are you currently using?

If the example is the HTTPserver please attach screen shots of your HTTPServerConfig.h as well as deWebIOServerSrc.cpp.

Please attach screen shots of your Vivado block design along with your SDK.

best regards,

Jon

1)How router connects to board  do we need to do any settings in router can u please suggest.

2)we are not getting any errors but ip address is not displaying in teraterm what should we do

3)After getting ip address only the usage of pmod wifi comes into picture am i right?

Hi @kavya@iiitn,

Sorry for any confusion.

1) The jumpers I pointed out are above the Digilent logo on the Zedboard.

2) On the Zedboard please have MIO[2] -MIO[6] jumpers connected to ground.

3) This will set the mode to JTAG.

4) In your attached picture  MIO[5] AND MIO[4] are not connected to ground(set to 0).

I would also suggest going through the tutorials on the zedboard resource center as well as looking at the ZYNQ book.

thank you,

Jon

HI @kavya@iiitn,

The video can be used for the Zedboard. The Vivado block design portion is for an Arty-A7(microblaze) so that will be different.

For the Vivado portion of the project:

1) Make sure that you are using the Digilent board files as described in this tutorial and have added the Vivado Library to the IP repository.

2)  Use the default settings(Digilent board files) for the ZYNQ processor when doing block automation.

3) The GPIO and Pmod WIFI IP Cores should be handled similar to the video.

Once you are finish with the Block design creating a wrapper and generating a bitstream will be the same as the video.

For the SDK portion of the video

1) Everything should be the same as the video.

The main thing I see on the Zedboard setting is that the mode jumpers have the Zedboard set to SD. The Zedboard mode should be set to JTAG. The settings table screen shot is attached below and can be found in the reference manual on page 28. All of the mode jumpers should be tied to ground.

thank you,

Jon

Zedboard_mode_settings.jpg

Archived