PCAM 5C with Zyboz7 - Can images be captured?

Ted

Question

Hello again,

As I continue to experiment with this development kit, I would find it valuable to be able to capture Raw images.  Is that possible to do somehow?  I didn't see any mention of it in the Demo documentation but it is possible that I missed it.

Thanks again

-Ted

3 answers to this question

Hi @Ted,

Here is the WIKI for the Zybo-Z7-20-Pcam-5C project. I did not see an option  to capture raw images.  The option e:

e - Write a Register inside the Image Sensor
This option allows you to write a value to any register inside the Image sensor over the OmniVision SCCB interface. You will need to refer to the OV5640 datasheet for information on the register map. This option is very useful for exploring the features of the image sensor.

I would look at the Data sheet on the Pcam-5C resource center here as well as other libraries like this arduino library as a reference on how to facilitate different features.

thank you,

Jon

On 3/5/2019 at 12:30 PM, jpeyron said:

Hi @Ted,

Here is the WIKI for the Zybo-Z7-20-Pcam-5C project. I did not see an option  to capture raw images.  The option e:

e - Write a Register inside the Image Sensor
This option allows you to write a value to any register inside the Image sensor over the OmniVision SCCB interface. You will need to refer to the OV5640 datasheet for information on the register map. This option is very useful for exploring the features of the image sensor.

I would look at the Data sheet on the Pcam-5C resource center here as well as other libraries like this arduino library as a reference on how to facilitate different features.

thank you,

Jon

Thanks @jpeyron

Being able to capture any image raw or not would be helpful.  I have the full omnivision data sheet, but I think this function would reside on the zybo side as it would need to capture and store the image somewhere

Archived