PMOD SF3 with Nexys A7

pls_seniordesign18

Question

Hello!

I purchased Pmod SF3, and I would like to walk through an example program of how to access the memory chip.  My goal is to read/write data from the FPGA to the SF3.   

I have the Nexys A7 board, and am able to program it using Vivado.  I am not sure how to use Vivado (or another tool) to interact with the Pmod SF3.  I also have an Analog Discovery 2, and am wondering if I can use that to stimulate reads/writes just to make sure.

1 answer to this question

Hi @pls_seniordesign18,

Welcome to the Digilent Forums! 

1) Here is the resource center for the Nexys A7.  I would suggest going through all of the tutorials.

2) We have an IP core for the Pmod SF3 in the Vivado library here.

3) The Pmod SF3 resource center has a link to the IC's  Data Sheet.  The data sheet describes how to configure and communicate with the IC. I would suggest first getting the Pmod SF3 IP Core working with the Nexys A7 . Then use a bread board to break out the lines between the Nexys A7 and the Pmod SF3 using the Analog Discovery 2's logic analyzer  to see how to configure/communicate with the Pmod SF3.

4) Once you have a good understanding on how to configure/communicate with the Pmod SF3 you should be able to use the Analog Discovery to interact with the Pmod SF3. 

thank you,

Jon

Archived