Packaging an IP and Getting an error that "Cannot set property 'PACKAGE PIN' "

Abdul Qayyum

Question

Hi, 

I am working on a project in which i have created the custom IP's. I am sending the Byte from BRAM to another custom IP.  I am receiving the desired Byte from BRAM successfully BRAM_C_Code.txt but when i have added the master file of custom receiving IP, i got an error that "cannot set the property  'PACKAGE PIN' , because property does not exist for object type "pin".  Actually i want to ON and OFF the led's on the base of receiving byte from BRAM. 

I have written the Verilog code of the receiving IP Here.txt  and once i am generating the bit stream i am getting the error that "cannot set the property  'PACKAGE PIN' , because property does not exist for object type "pin".  
If i am not adding the master file then i am receiving the desired byte without any error but when i want to ON and OFF the led's by adding the master file then i got the following error 

error_screenshot.thumb.png.50b3d75ed054214e1dc9254e5841e2cd.png

Regards,

AQ.

1 answer to this question

@Abdul Qayyum,

Looking over your design, the biggest problem I see is that you are using blocking assignments (=) in an always @(posedge clk) block.  These can lead to simulation/hardware mismatch.

My best guess is that the problem you are struggling with is that the names of your I/O pins in your top level design (Verilog file) don't match the names of the I/O pins in your XDC file.

Dan

Archived