Board not recognized - please help!

ebattaglia42

Question

Hi,

My Digilent Electronics Explorer has worked fine for several months. Today it was not being recognized by my computer (Unknown Device) so I followed the instructions in this forum to reinstall the driver, but when I tried installing the Digilent USB Device or Digilent Onboard USB drivers, I ran into problems. The board is still not recognized by waveforms, and waveforms becomes incredibly slow whenever the board is connected. Deleting the driver fixes waveforms, but doesn't help recognize the board. I desperately need this board to work for several important projects happening right now, so help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

3 answers to this question

Hi @ebattaglia42,

What operating system are you currently on? If you are Windows, can you attach a picture of what is shown in the Windows Device Manager and what you see in the WaveForms Device Manager (it should pop up when you initially connect the EE Board).

The other thing I would suggest to try would be to use a different USB cable (make sure it's not just for charging only) and/or USB port on your computer as that is another source of error that is easy to check.

Thank you,
JColvin

Hi @ebattaglia42

Please take a look at the:

Which board revision do you have?
On rev F and earlier the USB EEPROM could be erased by spikes on 12V supply, like due to often connect/disconnects.
You can find this on the bottom of the board, under Xilinx/TI logo

Do you see at step 6 USB device id 04B4/8613 ?
If so, use the reprogramming application sent to you in private message.

Archived