Dejdys

Different data from WaveForms and from LabVIEW

Question

Hello,

I've created a VI that captures analog data from one channel on the AD2. AD2 has an optical sensing system connected to the input. I can successfully collect data, but for some reason, the noise values of the original WaveForms software and LabVIEW do not fit. There are noise level up to 2 mV in WaveForms and up to 4 mV in LabVIEW.  Does somebody know what causes it? Does AD2 use any special software filter? The pictures of waveforms are in the attachment.

Thank you very much for your answers

Petr

AD2.thumb.jpg.82b8848dbc0af5709256320a3eb96731.jpg

Edited by Dejdys

2 answers to this question

Hi @Dejdys,

The noise band in WaveForms is actually the semi-transparent darker yellow band that you see in the background (more details on this thread). As for why the signals are different, my guess is that the sample rates between the two software are different so different data is being collected. What sample rates are you using for each setup (WaveForms and LabVIEW)?

Thanks,
JColvin

Thank you for answer. But I am using sample rate 8k in LabVIEW and Waveforms has 8k automaticaly on base 100 ms. Sample rate is the same in both applications.

AD2.jpg

Edited by Dejdys