change vga display digilent anvyl

tasnim

Question

5 answers to this question

Hello,

The file you have sent is not sufficient. It is just one of the project files and it does not contain any of the code. Please create an archive from the project's folder and send us that. Also it is not clear what it is that you want. You wish to change the colors? Could you provide further details?

Sergiu

Hi tasnim,

I'm a bit confused by your question. Are you just trying to change the colors to something different? It looks like they are driven in the FlyingLogo.xise by pix_cnt at the bottom of the module. Changing this will change what colors are displayed over VGA. Make sure you are programming the new bit file as well.

We are facing an error on LCD screen as we are interfacing it with our FPGA using VGA port. I asks us to change the input timings, what exactly should be changed in the code? I guess there should be some configuratoins of horizontol and vertical inputs, anything else?

Please let me know the full configurations for it.

Many LCD's do not support all VGA modes.  Unlike the original CRT's, LCD's have a fixed number of pixels in width and height.  They will work best when you send a signal to them form a VGA mode that has those dimensions.  That may be the error you are getting from your LCD.

My problem is that the design I have usually won't support the number of pixels my LCD requires--and I don't think I can clock my board fast enough to do so.  To deal with this, I just ignore this error and go on, while watching what the LCD does.  While not ideal, it works.  How about you?  How well does it handle your design--after you get past the warnings?

Dan

Archived