Does Pmod WiFi IP include ad-hoc WiFi function?

conanandai100

Question

Hello,

I am new to Zedboard and trying to establish ad-hoc connection between several Zedboards using the digilent Pmod WiFi antenna. The Pmod WiFi video and github code are pretty helpful, but I am not clear for the SDK side, specially for the way to enable the ad-hoc function. Does it include in the Pmod WiFi code already? Or is there any existing code that I can refer to?

Thanks a lot!

4 answers to this question

Hi @jpeyron,

Thank you for your quick reply. That's a pity. May I follow up with one more question? How about using PmodBT2? Does it support peer-to-peer communication between multiple Zedboard? I read the guide "How to Auto-Connect 2 PmodBT2's Together" quickly but failed to find the answer. Appreciate your help!

Best,

Conan

Hi @conanandai100,

My understanding is that the PmodBT2 does allow for peer to peer communication between multiple PmodBT2. The PmodBT2 IP Core does not support this. You would need to add this function to the IP core. Here are some helpful links: Bluetooth Data Module Command Reference & Advanced Information User’s Guide and the Bluetooth Basics where SparkFun  uses the RF-42 as their example Bluetooth device  as well as the How to Auto-Connect 2 PmodBT2's Together you linked above.

thank you,

Jon

Archived