Basys3 with vivado 15.4 problem

Billel

Question

Hello 

i'm using my Basys3 board with vivado 15.1 since a while and all going good, until i upgrade to vovado 15.4. I build my project and i try to implement to the board using ZDK, but I noticed that there is no output from the board. i build a simple "Hello World" project running on Microblaze, and also no output from the board.

Is there any interpretation for this problem or any suggestion on how to fix it?

Thanks

7 answers to this question

Hello

finally i found the solution, the problem not in the Vivado version but in the Vivado Board Files for Digilent 7-Series FPGA Boards. Digilent propose tow version for the Basys3 board the 1.1 (old version) and C.0 (new version), with the old version the board work correctly, but when i use the new version i can't get any results from the board.
i hope that Digilent ensures the proper functioning of the new version of the board.

Hi Billel,

I'm curious if it would work you changed the part to xc7a35tcpg236-1 and then back to the Basys3 board files. For some reason Vivado doesn't work with the board files very nicely when upgrading to newer versions of vivado. It might have just lost track of the board files altogether when it was trying to find the 1.1 version.

Hi Tom

When i noticed that the board does not responding correctly i try to return to the earlier version of Vivado (15.1) but still have the same problem until i have change the board part, now i'm using the new version of vivado (15.4) with the old board part (1.1) and it work.

Hi Billel,

I understand. I am just trying to figure out why the new one doesn't work correctly. The new one contains a bunch of extra features that are not in the old one. One thing that might work to get the new one working correctly is this:

1. Go into project settings and change the part to  xc7a35tcpg236-1 and press OK.
  2. Exit Vivado and copy the new (C.0) board files into vivado 2015.4. Make sure the old files are not in the board file repo.
  3. Open Vivado and change the part back to the Basys3.

If this doesn't work, you might need to make a new project targeting the new board files. Then once its created, copy the sources over from the old project. Unfortunately, board files are still pretty new to Vivado and there are a few bugs that need to be worked out in the Vivado software. I hope this helps, and that things start running smoothly soon!

Archived