Petalinux on Cora

Mike Boich

Question

I'm trying to migrate a project from the Zybo Z7 to Cora Z7-10.

For the Zybo, I was able to use my own Vivado project (which included the TTC and other required elements), and then create a project in petalinux using the zynq template, do a "petalinux-config --get-hw-description <my-design>, build, package, and boot from the resulting SD card.

When I try the same thing on the Cora it fails.  (Doesn't even get as far as loading my FPGA bitstream).

I can get the Digilent Cora BSP package to boot, but that appears to require that I use Petalinux 2017.4, and all the work I've done to date is on 2018.2.  Is there some difference between the Cora and the Zybo that would explain why I'm having  problems, or am I doing something wrong?

thx

Mike Boich

2 answers to this question

I decided to bite the bullet and use the Digilent BSP and Petalinux 2017.4.  It was easier than I anticipated.

My app uses openamp, and all of the accesses to the programmable fabric are done through the baremetal firmware running on processor #1.  So the only device tree modifications to the Digilent BSP were the ones that make the echo-test app work.  I didn't even change the location of the shared memory area, since the address on the Zybo version (0x3e000000) aliases down to 0x1e000000, which works perfectly.

I wish everything were ported to 2018.2, but I appreciate that keeping all of you boards current with all of the Xilinx tools and  updates is a significant chunk of work!

Mike Boich

Archived